#Not In My Back Yard
National statistics say that 1 in 10 children will be sexually abused by their 18th birthday. Davis House is committed to put an end to this by raising awareness of child abuse and of the healing services Davis House offers to impacted children and families.
We embarked on our #NIMBY campaign to emphasize the “not in my back yard” theme regarding child abuse. We don’t want it in our backyard. Not here. We can prevent this if we take the time to be educated.
The #NIMBY campaign is supported by various organizations and contributors, and it is growing in exposure as more and more people show support through social media and showing off our #NIMBY items.
How can you help?
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube and have your friends do the same.
- Participate in the #NIMBY Challenge (see below).
- Learn the signs and symptoms of child abuse and how to report.
- Financially support Davis House – We can’t do this without your help!
- Events, Administrative, Special Talents
- Email us about volunteering
Take the #NIMBY Challenge!
Can you tweet 5 hashtags in 7 days (or post to Facebook)?
#1: 1 in 10 children will be sexually abused by their 18th birthday. #NIMBY
#2: Only 10% of abuse cases will be reported. Have the courage to report. #NIMBY
#3: #NIMBY @davishousecac provides hope for hundreds of child abuse victims each year.
#4: The average lifetime cost of post-abuse care for a single child is $210,012. #NIMBY
#5: Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic & cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education. #NIMBY